Yeah, I am probably confused. On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 17:04 +0200, Marcus Prebble wrote: > We have remounted a static UBI volume which happens to be the rootfs (/) > onto another location, /tmp/newrootfs So, you have your UBI volume, it contains your root file-sytem, right? Then you "remount your" root to /tmp/newrootfs? If yes, I would like to understand how exactly you do this? Give some more details. > We are trying to make an image of /tmp/newrootfs with mkfs.ubifs and > where the output file is /tmp/newrootfs.img. If the inode number of / is the same as /tmp/newroofs, and the device number is the same, this is the same inode, no? This means that /tmp/newrootfs.img will also be visible in /tmp/newrootfs/tmp/newrootfs.img, no? -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy