On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 09:40 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote: > Barriers were not made default on ext3 until 2011, in kernel v3.1, > astonishingly. So it makes sense that ext3 fared worse than ext4. Very probable, I do not remember if we had them. But we were testing on top of eMMC with not write-cache. Anyway, that was long time ago. While on it, one problem I remember in an unrelated testing of ext3 on top of eMMC was related to _read_ errors. Sometimes after an power cut eMMC returned an ECC error, so a sector could be unreadable. But after writing to this sector it became fine. ext3 and the tools treated a read error as fatal. However, in case of eMMC that was something "normal". I do not know how the situation changes since then, this was probably in 2009. -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy