Krzysztof, you've fixed a bunch of races... but I think there's one still left. An ATM driver will often have code like this, which gets called from arbitrary contexts: if (vcc->pop) vcc->pop(vcc, skb); Now, what happens if pppoatm_send(vcc, NULL) happens after the address of vcc->pop (currently pppoatm_pop) has been loaded, but before the function is actually called? You tear down all the setup and set vcc->user_back to NULL. And then pppoatm_pop() gets called. And promptly crashes because pvcc is NULL. A lot of these problems exist for br2684 too, and in prodding at it a little I can consistently crash the system by sending a flood of outbound packets while I kill the br2684ctl program. I end up in br2684_pop() with vcc->user_back == NULL. In looking to see how you'd fixed that in pppoatm, I realised that you haven't... :) -- dwmw2