From: Sean Omalley <omalley_s@rocketmail.com>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] break command.
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:19:11 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Is there anyway to break back into u-boot after trying to boot from linux (arm)? Similar to Open Firmwares stop-a, ctrl-break? I didn't see anything in the documentation nor poking around online. I am really hoping I missed something, or there is support that just needs to be compiled in. :)

Even if it resets the cpu, or sends a signal to the jtag_reset would be fine. When the machine locks up, I don't want to have to push a button or unplug it since most of the time, I am not in the same vicinity as the machine. Leaving a serial console attached and remoting into another machine is easier and cheaper, then other alternatives. I could send a signal from a gpio to the jtag_reset (or short it), but the machine I would -want- to use doesn't have a gpio, and I don't want to spend money for multiple jtags when it seems more logical to do it through the serial console.?

Thanks!