Am Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2014, 22:50:25 schrieb Benjamin Tissoires: Hi Benjamin, > > Can you please help me how to do that? I install Windows in a KVM with > > the mouse device as a USB-passthrough device -- shall I detach the Linux > > USB driver? > > No, you don't have to detach the Linux USB driver (it's done for you > by KVM IIRC). Correct, libvirtd is the one that detaches the driver when I start the VM. > > > Now, shall I use hid-recorder on that device or rather usbmon while > > Windows is booting? > > usbmon is the tool you need. hid-recorder will not work because the > hid subsystem will be disconnected as the device is used by Windows. > > You can even use wireshark now. It gives you a nice interface and > interpretation of the USB packets :) Please see attached for the USB sniffing on the USB bus with the Crucialtec touch pad when Windows starts up and shuts down. To drive the device, Windows uses the Crucialtec driver according to its device settings display. The attached log contains the log information for the mouse (device 001:005) and the USB bridge (device 001:002). I cut out the listing for the touch pad which is also attached to that bridge. The strange thing, however, is the following: the mouse works in Windows when I do not sniff on the USB bus using usbmon. But as soon as I start sniffing, it does not work any more. Is that log helpful? Ciao Stephan -- | Cui bono? |