From: "S. Christian Collins" <s.chriscollins@gmail.com>
To: Mark Hills <mark@xwax.org>, Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Cc: alsa-devel <alsa-devel@alsa-project.org>
Subject: Re: "alsactl store" fails to save Echo Gina3G mixer
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 09:17:49 -0500	[thread overview]

On 08/29/2017 03:36 PM, Mark Hills wrote:
> I think you're suffering the same problem I am with my Echo Layla 3G. Does
> 'echomixer' work?

Yes, 'echomixer' works fine for me. I have to launch it on occasion to
properly set my audio output level (just launching it restores the
correct level). I didn't have to do this in the past, so I'm guessing
it's probably related to the problem with 'alsactl store' not working
anymore for the card.

> I have been intending to make a 'proper' report to the list, or even
> investigate more myself. But priorities did not permit that yet. I also
> wasn't able to find information on what these fields actually mean. As far
> as I could tell, some of these attributes are unique to the echo3g and
> echomixer.

Yeah, I've never seen a mixer quite like this one. Using 'alsamixer' to
adjust my Echo3G is almost pointless, since it is impossible to tell
what is what.

-~Chris