* fido status
@ 2015-06-28 10:14 Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2015-06-28 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joshua.lock, openembedded-core

I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.

Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder gave
mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd introduced
a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems with
subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking issues on
the autobuilders related to runqemu.

Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted the
networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to merge
Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
subversion fixes to the fido branch.

I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and I'm
confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly-mips64.
There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in all
three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in and
get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an issue given
we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not 'real'
bugs.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: fido status
@ 2015-06-29 10:19 ` Joshua Lock
From: Joshua Lock @ 2015-06-29 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 11:14 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.
>
> Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder gave
> mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd
> introduced
> a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems with
> subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking issues
> on
> the autobuilders related to runqemu.
>
> Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted the
> networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to merge
> Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
> subversion fixes to the fido branch.

Thanks for merging Richard, the number of patches was starting to get
unwieldy so I'm pleased to see this happen.

> I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and I'm
> confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
> failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly-mips64.
> There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in all
> three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in and
> get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an issue
> given
> we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not 'real'
> bugs.

Your prediction was very accurate. I've merged a bunch of fixes for the
issues you highlighted (and a couple of others) into my fido-next
branch[1]. I shall endeavour to get this tested on the autobuilder and
submitted for merge over the next couple of days.

Thanks again,

Joshua

1. http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
-contrib/log/?h=joshuagl/fido-next

* Re: fido status
@ 2015-06-29 20:25   ` Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 2015-06-29 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Lock; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:19 AM, Joshua Lock
<joshua.lock@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 11:14 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.
>>
>> Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder gave
>> mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd
>> introduced
>> a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems with
>> subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking issues
>> on
>> the autobuilders related to runqemu.
>>
>> Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted the
>> networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to merge
>> Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
>> subversion fixes to the fido branch.
>
> Thanks for merging Richard, the number of patches was starting to get
> unwieldy so I'm pleased to see this happen.
>

>> I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and I'm
>> confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
>> failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly-mips64.
>> There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in all
>> three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in and
>> get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an issue
>> given
>> we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not 'real'
>> bugs.
>
> Your prediction was very accurate. I've merged a bunch of fixes for the
> issues you highlighted (and a couple of others) into my fido-next
> branch[1]. I shall endeavour to get this tested on the autobuilder and
> submitted for merge over the next couple of days.

One minor comment on the patches already merged. This change:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=fido&id=f46c2ac0fd05f0e10258d8f03bfb2ebd0c2bcbe3

was reported to cause problems for multilib [1]. It needs this follow-on fix:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=master-next&id=78a0e916882a747c267808c08ab8bc615198b5a8

[1] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2015-May/105351.html

@ 2015-06-30 15:07     ` Joshua Lock
From: Joshua Lock @ 2015-06-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre McCurdy; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 13:25 -0700, Andre McCurdy wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:19 AM, Joshua Lock
> <joshua.lock@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 11:14 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > > I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.
> > >
> > > Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder
> > > gave
> > > mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd
> > > introduced
> > > a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems
> > > with
> > > subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking
> > > issues
> > > on
> > > the autobuilders related to runqemu.
> > >
> > > Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted
> > > the
> > > networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to
> > > merge
> > > Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
> > > subversion fixes to the fido branch.
> >
> > Thanks for merging Richard, the number of patches was starting to
> > get
> > unwieldy so I'm pleased to see this happen.
> >

> > > I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and
> > > I'm
> > > confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
> > > failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly
> > > -mips64.
> > > There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in
> > > all
> > > three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in
> > > and
> > > get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an
> > > issue
> > > given
> > > we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not
> > > 'real'
> > > bugs.
> >
> > Your prediction was very accurate. I've merged a bunch of fixes for
> > the
> > issues you highlighted (and a couple of others) into my fido-next
> > branch[1]. I shall endeavour to get this tested on the autobuilder
> > and
> > submitted for merge over the next couple of days.
>
> One minor comment on the patches already merged. This change:
>
>   http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
> -core/commit/?h=fido&id=f46c2ac0fd05f0e10258d8f03bfb2ebd0c2bcbe3
>
> was reported to cause problems for multilib [1]. It needs this follow
> -on fix:
>
>   http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=master
> -next&id=78a0e916882a747c267808c08ab8bc615198b5a8
>
> [1] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2015
> -May/105351.html

Thanks for raising this Andre - I've included the above change in my
fido-next branch[1].

Regards,

@ 2015-06-30 19:06       ` Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 2015-06-30 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Lock; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hi Joshua,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Joshua Lock
<joshua.lock@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 13:25 -0700, Andre McCurdy wrote:
>>
>> One minor comment on the patches already merged. This change:
>>
>>   http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
>> -core/commit/?h=fido&id=f46c2ac0fd05f0e10258d8f03bfb2ebd0c2bcbe3
>>
>> was reported to cause problems for multilib [1]. It needs this follow
>> -on fix:
>>
>>   http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=master
>> -next&id=78a0e916882a747c267808c08ab8bc615198b5a8
>>
>> [1] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2015
>> -May/105351.html
>
> Thanks for raising this Andre - I've included the above change in my
> fido-next branch[1].

Thanks. One more potential candidate for fido-next:

  http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2015-June/106384.html