From: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
To: "Sébastien Bocahu" <sbu@reportlinker.com>, harish.patil@qlogic.com
Cc: <davem@davemloft.net>, <netdev@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Linux kernel commit breaks IPMI on iface downing
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:30:34 -0700	[thread overview]

+netdev and Harish who is the current maintainer of bnx2 at qlogic.

The patch in question effectively just removes the
bnx2_set_power_state() call during "ip link set down".  If there is
IPMI, the firmware should know the link needs to stay up when the driver
resets the device during bnx2_close().  This should be a very common
scenario.  Please provide the firmware versions to Harish with ethtool
-i.  Perhaps upgrading the firmware can resolve this issue.