On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 22:33 +0000, Hugo Mills wrote: > whereas a read-only mount of a journalling FS _must_ modify the disk > data after an unclean shitdown, in order to be useful (because the FS > isn't consistent without the journal replay). I've always considered that rather a bug,... or at least a very annoying handling in ext* If I specify "read-only" than nothing should ever be written. If that's not possible because of an unclean shutdown and a journal that needs to be replayed, the mount should (without any further special option) rather fail then mount it pseudo-read-only. Cheers, Chris