On Fr, 2015-12-18 at 12:38 +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote: > Am 10.09.2015 um 17:19 hat Alberto Garcia geschrieben: > > The QEMU code is not internationalized and assumes that it runs under > > the C locale, but if we use the GTK+ UI we'll end up importing the > > locale settings from the environment. This can break things, such as > > the JSON generator and iotest 120 in locales that use a decimal comma. > > > > We do however have translations for a few simple strings for the GTK+ > > menu items, so in order to run QEMU using the C locale, and yet have a > > translated UI let's use setlocale() for LC_MESSAGES only. > > > > Signed-off-by: Alberto Garcia > > Not sure why I noticed it only now and if it's related to any recent > package upgrade on my side (using RHEL 7), but I noticed that non-ASCII > characters in the GTK UI strings are broken for me and git bisect > pointed to this commit. I guess we need to set LC_CTYPE too. Can you try whenever the attached patch fixes the issue? thanks, Gerd