* [U-Boot] U-Boot Device Driver Development Guide
@ 2015-12-20 14:08 jerroldm at blackmagicdesign.com
From: jerroldm at blackmagicdesign.com @ 2015-12-20 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Sir,

I am considering using U-Boot as a software platform to bring up a hardware platform that am developing.  In doing so, I may need to develop a couple of Device Drivers.  I was wondering if anyone could point me to a document or a website that might help guide me to do this in the correction fashion.

To be a bit more specific, I have a custom UHS-II SD Card Host Controller which I would like to access through FAT and EXFAT commands.  I am using a Zynq FPGA as a platform.

Thank you,

Jerrold

* [U-Boot] U-Boot Device Driver Development Guide
@ 2015-12-20 15:29 ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2015-12-20 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 20 December 2015 at 19:38,  <jerroldm@blackmagicdesign.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am considering using U-Boot as a software platform to bring up a hardware platform that am developing.  In doing so, I may need to develop a couple of Device Drivers.  I was wondering if anyone could point me to a document or a website that might help guide me to do this in the correction fashion.

If you wanted to develop a drivers on u-boot see this [1] driver model
text files for more info.
Each text file has an information on how to write it for respective
IP, there may be some missing IP's text's but you can grep the source
using UCLASS_ then you can easily find the drivers which are writing
using driver model.

If you're new to u-boot, driver model is a new driver design
implementation in u-boot.

> To be a bit more specific, I have a custom UHS-II SD Card Host Controller which I would like to access through FAT and EXFAT commands.  I am using a Zynq FPGA as a platform.

For zynq mmc there is a driver available on source as
drivers/mmc/zynq_sdhci.c see this if you want more info.

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=tree;f=doc/driver-model;h=3312fbcb9336e799c7e8956ac81acfa40f55374b;hb=refs/heads/master

thanks!
--
Jagan.

* [U-Boot] U-Boot Device Driver Development Guide
@ 2015-12-28  4:23   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2015-12-28  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 20 December 2015 at 08:29, Jagan Teki <jteki@openedev.com> wrote:
> On 20 December 2015 at 19:38,  <jerroldm@blackmagicdesign.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> I am considering using U-Boot as a software platform to bring up a hardware platform that am developing.  In doing so, I may need to develop a couple of Device Drivers.  I was wondering if anyone could point me to a document or a website that might help guide me to do this in the correction fashion.
>
> If you wanted to develop a drivers on u-boot see this [1] driver model
> text files for more info.
> Each text file has an information on how to write it for respective
> IP, there may be some missing IP's text's but you can grep the source
> using UCLASS_ then you can easily find the drivers which are writing
> using driver model.
>
> If you're new to u-boot, driver model is a new driver design
> implementation in u-boot.
>
>> To be a bit more specific, I have a custom UHS-II SD Card Host Controller which I would like to access through FAT and EXFAT commands.  I am using a Zynq FPGA as a platform.
>
> For zynq mmc there is a driver available on source as
> drivers/mmc/zynq_sdhci.c see this if you want more info.
>
> [1] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=tree;f=doc/driver-model;h=3312fbcb9336e799c7e8956ac81acfa40f55374b;hb=refs/heads/master
>
> thanks!
> --
> Jagan.

There's also this Chromium guide although it is mostly about porting Chrome OS.

https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/u-boot-porting-guide

Regards,
Simon