On Fri, 2015-11-20 at 10:57 +0000, Robin Murphy wrote: > Whilst blindly assuming the worst case for segment boundaries and > aligning every segment individually is safe from the point of view > of respecting the device's parameters, it is also undeniably a waste > of IOVA space. Futhermore, the knock-on effects of more pages than > necessary being exposed to device access, additional overhead in page > table updates and TLB invalidations, etc., are even more undesirable. > > Improve matters by taking the actual boundary mask into account to > actively detect the cases in which we really do need to adjust a > segment, and avoid wasting space in the remainder. > > Tested-by: Yong Wu > Signed-off-by: Robin Murphy Hi Robin, What's the status of this patch? Could we know whether it will be merged into v4.5? > --- > > Minor change: removed the now-redundant null check on prev, since we no > longer dereference it unconditionally and pad_len is guaranteed to be > zero the first time around. > > drivers/iommu/dma-iommu.c | 16 ++++++++-------- > 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-) > [...]