On Tue, 2016-01-19 at 09:54 -0800, Greg KH wrote: > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 04:32:08PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote: > > As for USB descriptors, I'm somewhat more hopeful about hardening.  At > > the same time, it seems like it should be practical to put more low- > > performance USB drivers into userspace. > > What drivers do we currently have in the kernel that should/could be > done in userspace instead?  I'll gladly drop them from the tree. An obvious example would be HID drivers.  (I'll grant you that putting those in user-space would complicate the boot process when a disk encryption passphrase is needed.) Ben. > And yes, we need to do better about handling crazy USB descriptors, I > think the majority of this work is already done, but it takes > hand-auditing to verify it :( -- Ben Hutchings The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.