On Thu, 2016-01-21 at 09:22 -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > > This definitely isn't part of the driver code; I didn't mean to > suggest that.  I'd like to see this as a separate patch, but as part > of a series that adds a user of the multiple-alias functionality. > > All I'm saying is that as-is, this patch makes the quirks easier to > read but doesn't actually change any behavior: we set up at most one > alias, and we do it as a header quirk at enumeration-time, so there > are no new lifetime issues.  Normally we merge things when they're > needed, and multiple alias support is a bit of infrastructure that > isn't used yet. Ah, right. I see your point. I don't actually see why pci_add_dma_alias() should be exported at all. I suspect the best approach is for Jacek to add a second patch in this series, adding the required quirk to drivers/pci/quirks.c for the device in question, and then resubmit them to you when Linus releases 4.5-rc1. This is completely independent of any native driver for the device, of course. -- David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre David.Woodhouse@intel.com Intel Corporation