From: Johannes Berg <johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
To: Simon Barber <simon-vp0mx6+5gkqFX2APIN6yfw@public.gmane.org>,
	radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org
Cc: aviya.erenfeld-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: [RFA] timestamp field
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 11:30:26 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 09:46 -0800, Simon Barber wrote:
> I like this proposal. One aspect that is missing is to define the
> meaning of the timestamp with aggregates.

Actually, I think the field kinda already covers that.

If you have sampling position 0, then it ought to be of *that* MPDU, so
probably not present in any subframes but the first, unless you can
sample a different timestamp for each.

If you have sampling position 1 (PLCP start) then obviously that's at
the A-MPDU level and it doesn't matter if it's present in all or the
first only, in some ways. (Note that we found that Broadcom generates
an invalid A-MPDU reference field...)

Sampling position 2 - end of frame - I'll clarify to be "end of PPDU",
I think that's what ath* devices create.

johannes