On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 19:22 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > We'll need a bit of a wieder audience for this I think.. > > On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 05:11:28PM -0800, Bart Van Assche wrote: > > Additionally, introduce set_dma_ops(). A later patch will introduce a > > call to that function in the RDMA drivers that will be modified to use > > dma_noop_ops. > > This looks good to me, and we had a lot of talk about this for other > purposes for a while. Hm, I'm not convinced we want per-device dma_ops. What we want is per- device IOMMU ops, and any dma_ops are just a generic or platform- specific (in some cases) wrapper around those. We shouldn't normally need per-device DMA ops at all. -- dwmw2