quoting jason ekstrand (2017-03-16 19:03:15) > on march 16, 2017 5:41:24 pm emil velikov wrote: > > and meson is not a thing on neither bsd(s), solaris (and derivatives) nor > > android :-\ > > i have trouble bringing myself to care. the bsds need to stop using 10 > year old compilers. it can be made to work on solaris and bsd if someone > bothered to put a little work into it. besides, given that large chunks of > gnome are switching they're going to have to make it work some day soon anyway. I decided to check the ports on my freebsd box, it has meson, in fact: freebsd: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/meson/ netbsd: http://pkgsrc.se/wip/py-meson openbsd: http://ports.su/devel/meson The only OS I couldn't find a package for is openindiana (the clostest thing to Solaris I could come up with), but there is ninja for Solaris, and meson itself is pure python installable via pip, so even there it's not impossible. Dylan