* iMX6UL - QtQuick - QtQuick2DRenderer
@ 2017-04-05 11:29 Stefano Zuín
From: Stefano Zuín @ 2017-04-05 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a graphical Qt application based in QtQuick2 and QML
(example calqtr) in my iMX6UL (Variscite's Dart6UL). As this device
doesn't have GPU, I have to use QtQuick2DRenderer to substitute openGL.
I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 64bits and Krogoth 2.1.2

I have the enterprise license, followed the Qt's instructions
(http://doc.qt.io/QtQuick2DRenderer/qtquick2drenderer-installation-guide.html)
and use the qmake built with meta-toolchain-qt5. So QtQuick2DRenderer is
correctly installed.

Then, before run the app, I declared export
QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext before running the application.
Unfortunately, I get the next message when try to run a demo example:

./calqlatr --platform linuxfb
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
This plugin does not support createPlatformOpenGLContext!
Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0,
options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize
-1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples
-1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile  0)
Aborted (core dumped)

I did the SDK using meta-toolchain-qt5 and the image with fsl-image-qt5.
When I run a console app or a graphical which uses QtQuick 1, it works
correctly.

This is my conf/local.conf file:

MACHINE ??= 'imx6ul-var-dart'
DISTRO ?= 'fsl-imx-fb'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "debug-tweaks"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
     STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,/tmp,100M,100K \
     ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,/tmp,10M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"

# Add Eclipse debug and Qt creator support to your images
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = " \
     debug-tweaks \
     tools-debug \
     eclipse-debug \
"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \
     tcf-agent \
     openssh-sftp-server \
        qtbase-fonts \
         qtbase-plugins \
         qtbase-tools \
         qtbase-examples \
         qtdeclarative \
         qtdeclarative-plugins \
         qtdeclarative-tools \
         qtdeclarative-examples \
         qtdeclarative-qmlplugins \
         qtquickcontrols-qmlplugins \
"

# Use systemd instead of SysV init
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""
IMX_DEFAULT_DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"

I think, that problem could be in configuring -opengl es2 in qtbase
recipe. But when I set it manually I get errors doing bitbake
fsl-image-qt5....

Este correo electrónico y sus documentos adjuntos contienen información privilegiada, personal y estrictamente confidencial, y está prohibida la copia, reenvío o utilización de la información.
Si usted no es la persona destinataria del presente mensaje, no está autorizada a leerlo, retenerlo o difundirlo.

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged, confidential and contain private information, and any sending, using or copy of its information is prohibited.
Any person other than its intended recipient is not authorised to read, retain or distribute this information.

* iMX6UL - QtQuick - QtQuick2DRenderer
@ 2017-04-06  8:35 ` Stefano Zuín
From: Stefano Zuín @ 2017-04-06  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

[...]

* Re: iMX6UL - QtQuick - QtQuick2DRenderer
@ 2017-04-06 10:10   ` Fabien Lahoudere
From: Fabien Lahoudere @ 2017-04-06 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On Thu, 2017-04-06 at 10:35 +0200, Stefano Zuín wrote:

> [...]

Did you try to look at the core dumped. maybe the backtrace can help.

@ 2017-04-17 18:22   ` Andreas Cord-Landwehr
From: Andreas Cord-Landwehr @ 2017-04-17 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Zuín; +Cc: yocto

Hi, one point I noticed directly, you should only use one "-", i.e.
"-platform linuxfb" . Moreover, best check with "export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1"
that linuxfb is located and loaded correctly.
Only if all of this works fine, you should start looking into the compile
options.

Cheers,
Andreas