On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 01:26 -0600, Jan Beulich wrote: > > > > On 19.06.17 at 19:13, wrote: > > And here we are again. (I.e., in the cited Linux's commit, this is > > being turned into 'while (true) {`. > > > > So, I think we should gather others' opinion about how to deal with > > these aspects of this series. So, I'll stop my review for now, and > > chase feedback. > > I fully second your opinion here. I even wonder whether we > shouldn't convert the file back to be fully Linux style first thing, > so that Linux changes can be applied (mostly) as is, specifically > without having to convert tabs to spaces. > That indeed would be good! Praveen, this would mean having a patch, at the beginning of the series, which converts the coding style of the files to Linux one. Basically, that would mean using tabs for indentation, and undoing any style change that may have been done in our tree, to make the file adopt the Xen style. In practise, the idea is ending up with something that is basically identical to what was in Linux, before all the patches you are porting were committed (and without the additional parts and features that we don't need, of course). At this point, even generating and applying the patches that you are porting, in this very series, would be really easy, and less error prone (as it can be almost entirely automated). Are you up for this? Thanks and Regards, Dario -- <> (Raistlin Majere) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Dario Faggioli, Ph.D, http://about.me/dario.faggioli Senior Software Engineer, Citrix Systems R&D Ltd., Cambridge (UK)