On Fri, 2017-06-30 at 11:48 +0200, Simon Wunderlich wrote: > Our mac80211 patches have been upstreamed. However, the (experimental)  > wpa_supplicant patches have not been adopted and I've reworked them a little  > but they are not in a state to resubmit yet. So I don't expect the  > wpa_supplicant portion to work yet, and you also may need to think of a good  > way to have the mesh peers on a channel succession order. For reference, an earlier version of the patchset was submitted as an RFC in November with a bit of follow up discussion later: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2016-November/036726.html http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2016-December/036741.html There have been improvements since (e.g. solving the use after free issue) that are not yet submitted. I cannot comment on the current state of the patches though. In general a major issue is making sure that all stations switch to the same channel when a radar is detected. There is a simple mechanism in the standard for this which to my knowledge is not implemented in mac80211 at this point. But even with this in place you will likely want a versatile mechanism in hostap for stations to switch to a common channel should they end up on differing ones. Regards, Benjamin