Nicholas Humfrey wrote: > I have two pppd (v2.4.7) instances running, talking to each over over a > serial port link. But I can't work out how to get the 'client' pppd to > accept the link-local IPv6 interface identifier provided by the > 'server' pppd. I am trying to use static addresses so I know the > link-local IP address of the remote peer. So, basically you want to have ppp running with unnumbered links, and then maybe you do routing over that? I am not surprised that this hasn't been tested, and that there are bugs. Mostly, IP6CP assigns random IPv6-LL. If your goal is routing over unnumbered links, you don't really need the destination IPv6-LL to route to, it's enough to "dev ppp0" or whatever. If you just want a stable identifier at each end, then put it on lo a /128 alias, and put a route to it. -- ] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh networks [ ] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | IoT architect [ ] mcr@sandelman.ca http://www.sandelman.ca/ | ruby on rails [