On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 23:53 -0500, Meng Xu wrote: > > > > Perhaps Meng has some more ideas on this as well. :-) > > If the RT VCPU has only one RT task on it, we can synchronize the > release time of the VCPU and that of the RT task. In other words, the > release offset of both the VCPU and the RT task are the same in terms > of the wall clock. Then we can assign the task's parameter to the > VCPU > and guarantee the task has no deadline miss if the VCPU has no > deadline miss. > However, this observation only works when the assumption that one > VCPU > has only one task in the RT domain. I'm not sure how practical it is > because the observation cannot be generalized for multiple tasks on > one VCPU. > > Andrii and Dario, > Do you think the assumption that one VCPU runs only one RT task is > reasonable in practice? > If it is, is there some use cases for this assumption? > Well, I'll let Andrii reply, but honestly, I don't think it is. See, for instance, the fact that DomR has only 1 vCPU, so I find it unlikely that the only thing that run there is *just* *one* real-time task. :-/ Regards, Dario -- <> (Raistlin Majere) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Dario Faggioli, Ph.D, http://about.me/dario.faggioli Software Engineer @ SUSE https://www.suse.com/