* [cip-dev] CVE tracker: questions
@ 2019-03-20 15:01 Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2019-03-20 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Ben,

during the past face to face TSC meeting that took place in N?rnberg, there
were two questions about the CVE tracker you have done that would need some
more details from you that what I provided back then.

Is the CVE tracker in a state that can be used by CIP Members?

If it is, under which conditions? Does it work for any kernel or needs to be
tuned?

Can we advertise the CVE tracker in the coming events in Japan in July?

I would like to add the following questions

Is this a work you plan to maintain in the coming future?

Would it be valuable to somehow keep the outcome of the tracker in Gitlab so
we can keep track of the patches that require attention, so the Kernel
Maintenance team can also get involved?

Would it work for -rt ?

Best Regards

--
Agust?n Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant

* [cip-dev] CVE tracker: questions
@ 2019-03-21  9:15 ` Ben Hutchings
From: Ben Hutchings @ 2019-03-21  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

On Wed, 2019-03-20 at 16:01 +0100, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> during the past face to face TSC meeting that took place in N?rnberg, there?
> were two questions about the CVE tracker you have done that would need some?
> more details from you that what I provided back then.
>
> Is the CVE tracker in a state that can be used by CIP Members?

I think so, yes.

> If it is, under which conditions? Does it work for any kernel or needs to be?
> tuned?

It currently only works for mainline and stable branches.  I have an
open issue to add support for CIP branches.

> Can we advertise the CVE tracker in the coming events in Japan in July?

That would be fine with me.

> I would like to add the following questions
>
> Is this a work you plan to maintain in the coming future?

So long as I'm working for CIP, yes.

> Would it be valuable to somehow keep the outcome of the tracker in Gitlab so?
> we can keep track of the patches that require attention, so the Kernel?
> Maintenance team can also get involved?
>
> Would it work for -rt ?

Not currently, no.  If and when I add support for CIP branches, I
expect -rt branches to be supportable in the same way.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Software Developer                ?        Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/                 Dale House, 35 Dale Street