* [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 5.2+ merge window
@ 2019-07-19 23:33 James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2019-07-19 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton, Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-scsi, linux-kernel

This is the final round of mostly small fixes in our initial
submit.  It's mostly minor fixes and driver updates.  The only change
of note is adding a virt_boundary_mask to the SCSI host and host
template to parametrise this for NVMe devices instead of having them do
a call in slave_alloc.  It's a fairly straightforward conversion except
in the two NVMe handling drivers that didn't set it who now have a
virtual infinity parameter added.

The patch is available here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git scsi-fixes

The short changelog is:

Arnd Bergmann (1):
      scsi: lpfc: reduce stack size with CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STRUCTLEAK_VERBOSE

Benjamin Block (3):
      scsi: zfcp: fix GCC compiler warning emitted with -Wmaybe-uninitialized
      scsi: zfcp: fix request object use-after-free in send path causing wrong traces
      scsi: zfcp: fix request object use-after-free in send path causing seqno errors

Christoph Hellwig (8):
      scsi: megaraid_sas: set an unlimited max_segment_size
      scsi: mpt3sas: set an unlimited max_segment_size for SAS 3.0 HBAs
      scsi: IB/srp: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host
      scsi: IB/iser: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host
      scsi: storvsc: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host template
      scsi: ufshcd: set max_segment_size in the scsi host template
      scsi: core: take the DMA max mapping size into account
      scsi: core: add a host / host template field for the virt boundary

Colin Ian King (1):
      scsi: libfc: fix null pointer dereference on a null lport

Damien Le Moal (1):
      scsi: sd_zbc: Fix compilation warning

Deepak Ukey (1):
      scsi: pm80xx: Fixed kernel panic during error recovery for SATA drive

Denis Efremov (1):
      scsi: libsas: remove the exporting of sas_wait_eh

Marcos Paulo de Souza (1):
      scsi: devinfo: BLIST_TRY_VPD_PAGES for SanDisk Cruzer Blade

Maurizio Lombardi (1):
      scsi: core: use scmd_printk() to print which command timed out

Ming Lei (1):
      scsi: core: Fix race on creating sense cache

Shivasharan S (4):
      scsi: megaraid_sas: Update driver version to 07.710.50.00
      scsi: megaraid_sas: Add module parameter for FW Async event logging
      scsi: megaraid_sas: Enable msix_load_balance for Invader and later controllers
      scsi: megaraid_sas: Fix calculation of target ID

YueHaibing (1):
      scsi: megaraid_sas: Make some symbols static

And the diffstat:

 drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iscsi_iser.c  | 35 ++++----------------
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/srp/ib_srp.c       | 18 ++--------
 drivers/s390/scsi/zfcp_erp.c              |  7 ++++
 drivers/s390/scsi/zfcp_fsf.c              | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/scsi/hosts.c                      |  3 ++
 drivers/scsi/libfc/fc_exch.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_scsi_host.c       |  1 -
 drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_debugfs.h          |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/megaraid/megaraid_sas.h      |  4 +--
 drivers/scsi/megaraid/megaraid_sas_base.c | 31 +++++++++++++----
 drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_scsih.c      |  1 +
 drivers/scsi/pm8001/pm8001_sas.c          |  6 +++-
 drivers/scsi/pm8001/pm80xx_hwi.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/pm8001/pm80xx_hwi.h          |  2 ++
 drivers/scsi/scsi_devinfo.c               |  2 ++
 drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c                   | 13 +++++---
 drivers/scsi/sd_zbc.c                     |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/storvsc_drv.c                |  5 ++-
 drivers/scsi/ufs/ufshcd.c                 |  3 +-
 include/scsi/scsi_host.h                  |  3 ++

James

* Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 5.2+ merge window
@ 2019-07-20  2:29 ` Ming Lei
From: Ming Lei @ 2019-07-20  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Bottomley; +Cc: Andrew Morton, Linus Torvalds, linux-scsi, linux-kernel

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:38 AM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:

> This is the final round of mostly small fixes in our initial
> submit.  It's mostly minor fixes and driver updates.  The only change
> of note is adding a virt_boundary_mask to the SCSI host and host
> template to parametrise this for NVMe devices instead of having them do
> a call in slave_alloc.  It's a fairly straightforward conversion except
> in the two NVMe handling drivers that didn't set it who now have a
> virtual infinity parameter added.
>
> The patch is available here:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git scsi-fixes
>
> The short changelog is:
>
> Arnd Bergmann (1):
>       scsi: lpfc: reduce stack size with CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STRUCTLEAK_VERBOSE
>
> Benjamin Block (3):
>       scsi: zfcp: fix GCC compiler warning emitted with -Wmaybe-uninitialized
>       scsi: zfcp: fix request object use-after-free in send path causing wrong traces
>       scsi: zfcp: fix request object use-after-free in send path causing seqno errors
>
> Christoph Hellwig (8):
>       scsi: megaraid_sas: set an unlimited max_segment_size
>       scsi: mpt3sas: set an unlimited max_segment_size for SAS 3.0 HBAs
>       scsi: IB/srp: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host
>       scsi: IB/iser: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host
>       scsi: storvsc: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host template
>       scsi: ufshcd: set max_segment_size in the scsi host template
>       scsi: core: take the DMA max mapping size into account

It has been observed on NVMe the above approach("take the DMA max
mapping size into account") causes performance regression, so I'd
suggest to fix dma_max_mapping_size() first.

Christoph has posted fix already, but looks not merged yet:

      https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/7/17/62

Thanks,
Ming Lei

* Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 5.2+ merge window
@ 2019-07-20 12:46   ` Martin K. Petersen
From: Martin K. Petersen @ 2019-07-20 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ming Lei
  Cc: James Bottomley, Andrew Morton, Linus Torvalds, linux-scsi,
	linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig

Hi Ming!

>> Christoph Hellwig (8):
>>       scsi: megaraid_sas: set an unlimited max_segment_size
>>       scsi: mpt3sas: set an unlimited max_segment_size for SAS 3.0 HBAs
>>       scsi: IB/srp: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host
>>       scsi: IB/iser: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host
>>       scsi: storvsc: set virt_boundary_mask in the scsi host template
>>       scsi: ufshcd: set max_segment_size in the scsi host template
>>       scsi: core: take the DMA max mapping size into account
>
> It has been observed on NVMe the above approach("take the DMA max
> mapping size into account") causes performance regression, so I'd
> suggest to fix dma_max_mapping_size() first.

Christoph specifically asked me to queue these up. I presume the swiotlb
tweak is going through his DMA tree and it is therefore orthogonal to
the SCSI changes.

I do think it's important that we get these fixed up in 5.3. And given
that we're on the eve of the merge window, the time to get these changes
merged is now. I'd hate to see them miss another release...

* Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 5.2+ merge window
@ 2019-07-20 18:40 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2019-07-20 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Bottomley; +Cc: Andrew Morton, Linus Torvalds, linux-scsi, linux-kernel

The pull request you sent on Sat, 20 Jul 2019 08:33:21 +0900:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git scsi-fixes

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/f65420df914a85e33b2c8b1cab310858b2abb7c0

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.