Hi! The dmesg didn't reveal what tuner your stick/card has, it's probably a XC2028/XC3028 or something like that. Easiest way to find out would be if you could open the cover and have a look inside. If you have access to windows and the pvr program that came with the tuner you could do a usb-sniff. http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/ or http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/ Switch between different inputs while doing the log, like "dvb", "analog" and if it has "svideo"/"composite" input. copy the windows log to unix and parse the output with parser.pl (I've added is as an attachment.) I think there is a new parser somewhere, but I forgot the name of it. I'm also not sure how I used it, but I think it was like this: perl parser.pl < "your_windows_log" > "parsed_log" That log is needed to find out what "gpio" your tuner needs for different settings. Don't be scared of the size of the windows log, it gets large, often a few hundred MB. The parsed log is much smaller, a few hundred KB. That is all I can think about atm. /Magnus Alm 2009/11/6 Johan Mutsaerts : > Hi, > > I have an iDream UTVHYL2 USB TV Tuner (with IR remote control) that I > cannot get to work with Ubuntu (9.04, 2.6.28-16). I have successfully > compiled and installed the em28xx-new driver from linuxtv.org. No > /dev/dvb/adapter... is created and that is where it ends for me know. > MyTV claims no adapter is detected. > > I have attached the output of lsusb and dmesg as requested... > > Please let me know what more I can do and what exactly it is you can do ? > > Thanks in advance and > Best Regards, > Johan (Belgium) >