* [RFC] arm devicetree meeting/hacking day
@ 2011-01-24 20:25 Grant Likely
       [not found] ` <AANLkTi=1kQR2yFY8xJw=XX0aH5PG53sVmZCXf5fuUOu0-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Grant Likely @ 2011-01-24 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Abraham, Lennert Buytenhek, John Bonesio, Jeremy Kerr, Jason Hui
  Cc: Loïc Minier, David Rusling, devicetree-discuss,
	Paul E. McKenney, linaro-dev

Hi all,

For those of you who are working, or are soon-to-be working, on device
tree support for ARM, I'm organizing a regular weekly status update
and a hacking day for getting device tree support added to several of
the ARM platforms.  I've already talked to some of you about this
briefly.  Basically the idea is to have a day when all of us working
on dt can coordinate and get problems solved.  I'll commit to being
available and focused on answering dt questions for that day so it
should be easier to get my help.  I'll also put together some
documents and guides for dt bringup on new platforms which will break
down the features that each platform needs to implement.

For the status update part, rather than scheduling yet another
meeting, I think it would be appropriate to tack it onto the end of
the Monday kernel working group status update call.  I'll dial into
both the west (1600UTC) and east (0400UTC-tuesday) calls so that I've
got a chance to talk with everyone..  Let me know if you don't have
the dial-in details for either of the calls and I'll ask Paul or Loic
to add you to the invite.

For the hacking day, how does Tuesday(west)/Wednesday(east) sound for
everyone?  I'll be available on IRC, and I'll also keep my schedule
clear so that I'll be available for phone calls.

Right now, here's the list of people that I know are or may be working
on DT support, and the platform they are working on (not exclusively
Linaro work):

Lennert Buytenhek (Core infrastructure & omap3)
Thomas Abraham (Samsung)
John Bonesio (nVidia Tegra)
Shawn Guo and Jason Hui (Freescale imx51)
Jon Masters (omap3, beagle board)

Anybody else want me to add them to this list?

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.

* Re: [RFC] arm devicetree meeting/hacking day
       [not found] ` <AANLkTi=1kQR2yFY8xJw=XX0aH5PG53sVmZCXf5fuUOu0-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-01-25 23:04   ` Rob Herring
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rob Herring @ 2011-01-25 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely
  Cc: linaro-dev, Meador Inge, aneesh.v-QSEj5FYQhm4dnm+yROfE0A,
	Loïc Minier, devicetree-discuss, Deepak Saxena,
	John Bonesio, Jeremy Kerr, Shawn Guo,
	arnd.bergmann-QSEj5FYQhm4dnm+yROfE0A, Lennert Buytenhek

Grant,

On 01/24/2011 02:25 PM, Grant Likely wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those of you who are working, or are soon-to-be working, on device
> tree support for ARM, I'm organizing a regular weekly status update
> and a hacking day for getting device tree support added to several of
> the ARM platforms.  I've already talked to some of you about this
> briefly.  Basically the idea is to have a day when all of us working
> on dt can coordinate and get problems solved.  I'll commit to being
> available and focused on answering dt questions for that day so it
> should be easier to get my help.  I'll also put together some
> documents and guides for dt bringup on new platforms which will break
> down the features that each platform needs to implement.
>
> For the status update part, rather than scheduling yet another
> meeting, I think it would be appropriate to tack it onto the end of
> the Monday kernel working group status update call.  I'll dial into
> both the west (1600UTC) and east (0400UTC-tuesday) calls so that I've
> got a chance to talk with everyone..  Let me know if you don't have
> the dial-in details for either of the calls and I'll ask Paul or Loic
> to add you to the invite.
>
> For the hacking day, how does Tuesday(west)/Wednesday(east) sound for
> everyone?  I'll be available on IRC, and I'll also keep my schedule
> clear so that I'll be available for phone calls.
>
> Right now, here's the list of people that I know are or may be working
> on DT support, and the platform they are working on (not exclusively
> Linaro work):
>
> Lennert Buytenhek (Core infrastructure&  omap3)
> Thomas Abraham (Samsung)
> John Bonesio (nVidia Tegra)
> Shawn Guo and Jason Hui (Freescale imx51)
> Jon Masters (omap3, beagle board)
>
> Anybody else want me to add them to this list?

Rob Herring (Calxeda)

I can help out on testing and continue providing any fixes I find.

Rob

@ 2011-01-26  6:59   ` Jon Masters
From: Jon Masters @ 2011-01-26  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely
  Cc: Paul E. McKenney, linaro-dev, aneesh.v-QSEj5FYQhm4dnm+yROfE0A,
	Loïc Minier, devicetree-discuss, Jason Hui, Deepak Saxena,
	David Rusling, Thomas Abraham, Mounir Bsaibes, Jeremy Kerr,

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 13:25 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:

> For the hacking day, how does Tuesday(west)/Wednesday(east) sound for
> everyone?  I'll be available on IRC, and I'll also keep my schedule
> clear so that I'll be available for phone calls.

Timing is key for me. I can lurk on IRC and poke at stuff, but it's
certainly easier "out of hours" as I'm not paid to do any of this :)
That said, I can make things fit and I want to be involved. Thanks for
reviving this (ARM), and for your many varied dt postings recently.

Jon.

* RE: [RFC] arm devicetree meeting/hacking day
       [not found] ` <AANLkTi=1kQR2yFY8xJw=XX0aH5PG53sVmZCXf5fuUOu0-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-01-26 14:32   ` Lorenzo Pieralisi
From: Lorenzo Pieralisi @ 2011-01-26 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Grant Likely',
	Thomas Abraham, Lennert Buytenhek, John Bonesio, Jeremy
  Cc: Loïc Minier, devicetree-discuss, linaro-dev

Hi Grant,

Please count me in for the Monday devtree kernel update as a starting point.
Lorenzo Pieralisi (ARM - DT on vexpress and upcoming ARM dev platforms).

Cheers,
Lorenzo

From: Lorenzo Pieralisi @ 2011-01-26 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Grant Likely',
	Thomas Abraham, Lennert Buytenhek, John Bonesio, Jeremy
  Cc: Loïc Minier, devicetree-discuss, linaro-dev

Hi Grant,