* ipc: License cleanup
@ 2022-05-22 14:54 Thomas Gleixner
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2022-05-22 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Spraul; +Cc: linux-spdx

Manfred!

As you might know we are working on cleaning up the licensing mess in the
kernel and convert it to SPDX license identifiers as the only source of
license information.

Archaeology found unspecific GPL license references, which have been
authored by you.

1) this file is released under the gpl

     ipc/mqueue.c

     https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/history.git/commit/?id=be94d44e818a5

Can you please either send cleanup patches for the affected files or
indicate which GPLv2 variant you had in mind and I run it through my
cleanup machinery.

Thanks,

	Thomas

* Re: ipc: License cleanup
@ 2022-05-22 18:58 ` Manfred Spraul
From: Manfred Spraul @ 2022-05-22 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner, golbi, michal.wronski; +Cc: linux-spdx

Hello Thomas,

On 5/22/22 16:54, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Manfred!
>
> As you might know we are working on cleaning up the licensing mess in the
> kernel and convert it to SPDX license identifiers as the only source of
> license information.
>
> Archaeology found unspecific GPL license references, which have been
> authored by you.

Sorry, no, the initial authors of the file were:

  * Copyright (C) 2003,2004  Krzysztof Benedyczak (golbi@mat.uni.torun.pl)
  *                          Michal Wronski (michal.wronski@gmail.com)
  *

I did cleanup & merge support and probably many small changes.

But from what I remember, the majority of the code is from Krzysztof and
Michal.

--

     Manfred