On Sun, 13 May 2012 09:22:04 -0400, Mark Lord said: > On 12-05-12 02:35 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote: > > I dunno. The above is what I would have liked to see quite often. I > > look at dmesg, and notice that I had an WARN_ON_ONCE in it, and I have > > no idea when it happened, because the "seconds since boot" is totally > > useless information for me, as I'm too lazy to try to use /proc/uptime > > to calculate what it is. > Look in syslog ? Oddly enough, just yesterday I was looking in dmesg on one of my servers, trying to find a hint of why syslog and a number of other things had failed to start at boot...