Hi Thomas, On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 07:14:50 PDT Thomas Gleixner wrote: > On Wed, 6 Sep 2017, Paul Burton wrote: > > On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 01:16:48 PDT Thomas Gleixner wrote: > > > What's the problem with IRQ_NOAUTOEN and do > > > > > > setup_percpu_irq(); > > > enable_percpu_irq(); > > > > > > on the boot CPU and then later call it when the secondary CPUs come up > > > in > > > cpu bringup code or a hotplug state callback? > > > > There's no problem with that at all, apart from that it triggers your > > warning when the boot CPU calls setup_percpu_irq(). > > Ok, I misread the whole thing somehow. What you are saying is that you need > per cpu interrupts which can be shared .... > > Hrmpf, ok. I'll have a look from that side then So actually it turns out that getting this to work involves more than just avoiding your warning. I have some code which is mostly working; I'll clean up & send it as an RFC hopefully tomorrow. Thanks, Paul