From: "Luca" <magnabosco.luca@gmail.com>
To: meta-ti@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: Build core-image-weston for beaglebone/am335x with GPU SGX530 enabled
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 12:19:19 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Andrew,

thanks a lot for the clarifications and updated info.
It seems I was relaying on outaded and/or incomplete info.

Perfect, thanks. I was just starting to understand that the standalone libgbm has been deprecated reading http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/docs/latest/linux/Foundational_Components/Graphics/Migration_From_Prior_Releases.html#from-processor-sdk-6-1-to-6-2-for-am3-4-5-6

> EGL provides window system (x11, wayland, gbm, surfaceless) integration
> for both GL and GLES (and OpenVG), but our EGL implementation only
> supports GLES, as that is all our GPUs support (at least on AM335x).
> Full desktop GL would have to be done using SW rendering, which is
> probably not what you want.

I understood that full GL would have been done using SW rendering, but I thought it was the only way to get Weston working.

> So my question back is then, why are you trying to pull in 'mesa' and/or
> 'mesa-gl'? Weston works fine with the stack we provide in ti-sgx-ddk-um.

Your question is very legitimate.
I was pulling mesa-gl just to fulfil Weston dependencies, but thank to your info I now understand that I was doing it the wrong way.
Then the question is:
How should I set the providers to get Weston working fine with ti-sgx-ddk-um?

Regards
Luca