On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 12:11:54 -0700, jim.cromie@gmail.com said: > In my hacking, Im finding this useful. > it adds a version of KBUILD_MODNAME without the quotes OK, I'll bite. When and how is this useful? > KBUILD_MODNAME has the quotes for a reason; Hint: do a "git grep KBUILD_MODNAME", look at how it's used, and think about how invasive a patch to change it would be... (And pay heed to the comment in arch/sparc/include/asm/vio.h - it means that there's second-order effects to deal with as well...) > Afterall, __stringify() could add the quotes for cases where it was needed.Afterall, __stringify() could add the quotes for cases where it was needed. How would it know?