* Ceph Day Sunnyvale Presentations
@ 2016-04-06 16:18 Patrick McGarry
       [not found] ` <CAAZbbf0FKTCOrxBcdKCma+f2Z6faXocqt11p8v6urE-4hu9irA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Patrick McGarry @ 2016-04-06 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

Hey cephers,

I have all but one of the presentations from Ceph Day Sunnyvale, so
rather than wait for a full hand I went ahead and posted the link to
the slides on the event page:

http://ceph.com/cephdays/ceph-day-sunnyvale/

The videos probably wont be processed until after next week, but I’ll
add those once we get them. Thanks to all of the presenters and
attendees that made this another great event.

--

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
@scuttlemonkey || @ceph

* Re: Ceph Day Sunnyvale Presentations
       [not found] ` <CAAZbbf0FKTCOrxBcdKCma+f2Z6faXocqt11p8v6urE-4hu9irA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-04-13  3:45   ` Alexandre DERUMIER
       [not found]     ` <754505492.304458062.1460519131018.JavaMail.zimbra-M8QNeUgB6UTyG1zEObXtfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre DERUMIER @ 2016-04-13  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry; +Cc: ceph-devel, ceph-users

Hi,

I was reading this presentation from SK telecom about flash optimisations

AFCeph: Ceph Performance Analysis & Improvement on Flash [Slides]
http://fr.slideshare.net/Inktank_Ceph/af-ceph-ceph-performance-analysis-and-improvement-on-flash
Byung-Su Park, SK Telecom

They seem to have made optimisations in ceph code. Is there any patches reference ? (applied to infernalis/jewel ?)

They seem also to have done ceph config tuning and system tunning, but no config details is provided :(
It could be great to share with the community :)

Regards,

Alexandre

@ 2016-04-13  3:56       ` Shinobu Kinjo
       [not found]         ` <1638204634.9581897.1460519761671.JavaMail.zimbra-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Shinobu Kinjo @ 2016-04-13  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre DERUMIER; +Cc: ceph-devel, ceph-users

Alexandre,

Based on discussion with them at Ceph day in Tokyo JP, they have their own frozen the Ceph repository.
And they've been optimizing codes by their own team to meet their requirements.
AFAICT they had not done any do PR.

Cheers,
Shinobu

@ 2016-04-13 10:11           ` Alexandre DERUMIER
       [not found]             ` <1709620787.306483306.1460542270487.JavaMail.zimbra-M8QNeUgB6UTyG1zEObXtfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre DERUMIER @ 2016-04-13 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shinobu Kinjo, bspark8-AlITWu1pwT4; +Cc: ceph-devel, ceph-users

>>Based on discussion with them at Ceph day in Tokyo JP, they have their own frozen the Ceph repository.
>>And they've been optimizing codes by their own team to meet their requirements.
>>AFAICT they had not done any do PR.

Thanks for the info

@cc bspark8.sk.com : maybe can you give us more informations ?

@ 2016-04-19  9:34               ` 席智勇
From: 席智勇 @ 2016-04-19  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre DERUMIER; +Cc: ceph-users, bspark8-AlITWu1pwT4, ceph-devel

I have read the SK‘s performance tuning work too, it's a good
job especially the analysis of write/read latancy on OSD.
I want to ask a question about the optimize on 'Long logging time', what's
the meaning about 'split logging into another thread and do it later',
AFAIK, ceph does logging async by logging thread.
Can you share more info?

@ 2016-04-21  8:48   ` 席智勇
From: 席智勇 @ 2016-04-21  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry; +Cc: Ceph Devel, Ceph-User