From: Sven Eckelmann <sven@narfation.org>
To: johnzeng <johnzeng2013@yahoo.com>
Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n@lists.open-mesh.org
Subject: Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] i found time delay is very high and there are more caution info , if possible , please give me some advisement
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 16:43:41 +0200	[thread overview]

On Freitag, 21. Oktober 2016 22:31:00 CEST johnzeng wrote:
[..]
> my problem is :
>
> when i try to ping hostB from hostA
>
> i found time delay is very high and there are more caution info

* What means high?
* What would not be high?
* What kind of "caution" info?
* Did you try to disable offloading for your ethernet chip via ethtool?
* Are these two devices directly connected via cable or is there some
  kind of device in the middle (like a switch/firewall/...)?
* What batman-adv version are you using?
* Did you check the packets sent via eth0 on both ends with wireshark 2.x?

> because i tested between ethernet network port ( i don't test in wifi
> port ) , whether it will master reason ?

Should not be the "reason". batman-adv doesn't care much about it. It just
requires an ethernet compatible device. The re-broadcast is a little bit
less aggressive on non-wifi devices but this has nothing to do with your
problem.

Kind regards,
	Sven