From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <linux@feline-soul.com>
To: jmcdougald@kirkiss.ky
Cc: BlueZ users <bluez-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Logitech Traveler Headset. pin never seen and i am	never asked.
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:22:47 -0600 (MDT)	[thread overview]

I couldn't get it work with the latest or the previous version either.

Is this a bug in the program or a misconfigured set up?

If it is a bug, has it been varified as such and if so is it being fixed?

I *really* need to get this working.

Bearcat M. Sandor

> I have the same problem.  It appears that the latest version of hcid no
longer recognizes the pin_helper definition inside the hcid.conf file.
As I am also running Debian (unstable) I hoped that the bluez-pin
package would be "linked" to the hcitool cc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
> application and would pop up a window allowing me to enter a password
during the pairing phase.  However, there is a dependancy problem and
the bluez-pin package cannot be installed.  I crammed it in (using dpkg
-i --force-all) and the bluez-pin package installed and the hcid
application showed that a pin application was registered, but, when I
tried to pair I was never presented with a dialog box requesting a pin
and the pairing failed.

> I should mention that this logitech headset (HS04 V01) pairs with this
notebook when I boot into windowsXP so there is no hardware problem.

> I am hoping that I am just an "apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade"
away from a working bluetooth headset }:-) as the "break" with the
pin_helper option in hcid.conf must have broken a lot of working
bluetooth configurations.

> John
>
> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 23:00 -0600, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
>> Brad,
>> I've done so. That was the page i was following.
>> The page specifies the following fixes:
>>   If you can't pair or connect with the headset, did you pair it with
>> another
>> device?  *There is no other device*
>> Did it help to reset the pairing by removing /etc/bluetooth/link_key or
/var/lib/bluetooth/[dongleaddr]/linkkeys or by putting the headset in
pair
>> mode?  *These files have never existed and it has never been paired.
How do i
>> put it in paired mode?*
>>
>> You may have to redo this often if you try to dual-boot windows or if
you use
>> the same dongle on another computer. *Never been done*
>> Be sure to set "auth disable" and "encrypt disable"
>> in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf. *Done*
>>
>> This is a headset that i ordered from Ebay. A white box.  Do i *know*
that the
>> pin is still the default? No. However i should still be asked for the
pin at
>> some point.
>>
>> Again, when i issue a btsco 00:0D:44:4F:37:72 i get:
>> Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
>> Assuming channel 2
>>
>> Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permission denied
>>

>> Thank you for the help. Any other suggestions? I have to get this working.
>>
>> Bearcat
>>
>> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 22:34 in an email titled "Re: [Bluez-users]
Logitech Traveler Headset. pin never seen and i am	never asked." Brad
Midgley
>> wrote:
>> >Bearcat

>> for a
>> asked
>> >
>> >we've had this problem from time to time... the only thing that
sometimes works is to reset the pairing. some suggestions are listed
at the end of bluetooth-alsa.sf.net.