On 29/03/17 15:09, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > Hi Tomi, > > On Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 16:07:46 Tomi Valkeinen wrote: >> This is the third revision of this series. Note that this series depends on >> "drm/atomic: Introduce drm_atomic_helper_shutdown" which has not yet been >> merged to drm-next. > > I've reviewed all patches but the omapdss-base split. While it doesn't look > bad to me, it's hard to judge whether the code is correctly architectured > without seeing the omapdss6 driver. Thanks. I think time will tell if it's correctly done, but I'm quite confident that it can't mess up much. It consists really of two parts: separating the common base stuff into a separate module, and the dispc_ops. While the common module could use some cleanup, I think it makes sense. The dispc_ops really just change from calling functions directly to use function pointers. You can find dss6 driver from https://git.ti.com/ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel/trees/ti-linux-4.9.y/drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/dss The dss6 and dispc6 files. But it's really just a smaller, cleaner (well, the driver is not clean yet) version of dss5. Conceptually the same, different registers. Tomi