From: Arend van Spriel <aspriel@gmail.com>
To: Ryutaroh Matsumoto <ryutaroh@ict.e.titech.ac.jp>,
	<arend.vanspriel@broadcom.com>
Cc: <linux-rpi-kernel@lists.infradead.org>,
	<linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>,
	<brcm80211-dev-list.pdl@broadcom.com>,
	<SHA-cyfmac-dev-list@infineon.com>, <franky.lin@broadcom.com>,
	<hante.meuleman@broadcom.com>, <chi-hsien.lin@infineon.com>,
	<wright.feng@infineon.com>, <chung-hsien.hsu@infineon.com>
Subject: Re: 5.10.58 UBSAN from brcmf_sdio_dpc+0xa50/0x128c [brcmfmac]
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 07:42:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Using different email to avoid disclaimers...

On August 17, 2021 2:39:56 AM Ryutaroh Matsumoto
<ryutaroh@ict.e.titech.ac.jp> wrote:

> Hi Arend, thank you for paying attention to this.
>
>> Line 2016 in skbuff.h is inline function __skb_queue_before() and as
>> far as I can tell brcmfmac is not using that direct or indirect. Maybe
>> I am reading the line info incorrectly?
>
> I am unsure of it. On the other hand, I have also seen somewhat similar
> UBSAN from a header file "include/net/flow.h" as reported at
> https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20210813.081908.1574714532738245424.ryutaroh@ict.e.titech.ac.jp/
>
> All UBSANs that I have seen come from *.h compiled with clang...
>
>> Would you be able to provide information as to what line
>> brcmf_sdio_dpc+0xa50 refers to.
>
> I'd like to do, but I do not know how to let kernel UBSAN include a line
> number,
> though I know it with user-space applications...

If you enable CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO in your kernel .config and recompile
brcmfmac you can load the module in gdb:

gdb> add-symbol-file brcmfmac.ko [address]
gdb> l *brcmf_sdio_dpc+0xa50

The [address] is not very important so just fill in a nice value. The 'l'
command should provide the line number.

Regards,
Arend