* Linux kernel Booting
@ 2014-06-04  6:29 Saurabh Jain
From: Saurabh Jain @ 2014-06-04  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello every one !

 Can anybody tell me the best way to trace Linux kernel Booting sequence ?
Any software or tool which i should tell , which can tell me at current
time :

1. In which file i am

2 In which function i am

Thank you !
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Linux kernel Booting
@ 2014-06-04  6:35 ` Kristofer Hallin
From: Kristofer Hallin @ 2014-06-04  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

You might be able to do this with GDB and QEMU. Take a look at this
presentation that someone else on this list posted:
http://files.meetup.com/1590495/debugging-with-qemu.pdf

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Saurabh Jain <saurabh4768jain@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello every one !
>
>  Can anybody tell me the best way to trace Linux kernel Booting sequence ?
> Any software or tool which i should tell , which can tell me at current time
> :
>
> 1. In which file i am
>
> 2 In which function i am
>
> Thank you !

* Linux kernel Booting
@ 2014-06-04  7:06   ` enjoy mindful
From: enjoy mindful @ 2014-06-04  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

user mode linux.
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/old/debug-session.html

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Kristofer Hallin
<kristofer.hallin@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might be able to do this with GDB and QEMU. Take a look at this
> presentation that someone else on this list posted:
> http://files.meetup.com/1590495/debugging-with-qemu.pdf
>
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Saurabh Jain <saurabh4768jain@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello every one !
>>
>>  Can anybody tell me the best way to trace Linux kernel Booting sequence ?
>> Any software or tool which i should tell , which can tell me at current time
>> :
>>
>> 1. In which file i am
>>
>> 2 In which function i am
>>
>> Thank you !

* Linux kernel Booting
@ 2014-06-04 17:48 ` Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu @ 2014-06-04 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 11:59:54 +0530, Saurabh Jain said:

>  Can anybody tell me the best way to trace Linux kernel Booting sequence ?

Depending what question you're trying to answer, booting with the
commandline parameter 'initcall_debug' may be the right answer.