* Force to install package last
@ 2015-04-15 20:22 METHOT, DAVID
From: METHOT, DAVID @ 2015-04-15 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I made a package recipe to merge files into my final rootfs (mostly init scripts under /etc).

These files may be overriden by other packages so it is crucial that they remain intact.

I am wondering if there is a way to make sure a package is the last one to be installed in the rootfs.

Thank you,

David

________________________________

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.

* Re: Force to install package last
@ 2015-04-16  9:36 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-04-16  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: METHOT, DAVID; +Cc: yocto

Hi David,

On Wednesday 15 April 2015 20:22:11 METHOT, DAVID wrote:
> I made a package recipe to merge files into my final rootfs (mostly init
> scripts under /etc).
>
> These files may be overriden by other packages so it is crucial that they
> remain intact.
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to make sure a package is the last one to
> be installed in the rootfs.

There is no mechanism for this. There are two alternative means to do this
kind of thing (just for the files that are already packaged by other recipes):

A) Use bbappends on the original recipes that package these files to change
them there as desired

or

B) Create a shell function in your image which makes the desired modifications
under ${IMAGE_ROOTFS} and add it to ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND; it will be
called towards the end of the image construction.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton