* How to force recipe to be parsed eveey time - dynamic PV value
@ 2015-12-18 11:51 Kubalski, Lukasz (EXT-Espotel - PL/Wroclaw)
From: Kubalski, Lukasz (EXT-Espotel - PL/Wroclaw) @ 2015-12-18 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I have problem that recipe is not always parsed.
Is it way to force it? Like checksum/signature/stamp invalidation?

Problem details:
   I need to have my PV to be generated dynamically e.g like PV = "${@my_get_version_func(d)}"

In such case recipe is not parsed every time (checksum doesn't change), PV is no reevaluated  and even my_get_version_func would return different value my image is not rebuilt.

Thanks for any suggestions.

* Re: How to force recipe to be parsed eveey time - dynamic PV value
@ 2015-12-18 15:36 ` Christopher Larson
From: Christopher Larson @ 2015-12-18 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Openembedded Discussion

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Kubalski, Lukasz (EXT-Espotel -
PL/Wroclaw) <lukasz.kubalski.ext@nokia.com> wrote:

> I have problem that recipe is not always parsed.
> Is it way to force it? Like checksum/signature/stamp invalidation?
>
> Problem details:
>    I need to have my PV to be generated dynamically e.g like PV =
> "${@my_get_version_func(d)}"
>
> In such case recipe is not parsed every time (checksum doesn't change), PV
> is no reevaluated  and even my_get_version_func would return different
> value my image is not rebuilt.

By default, inline python is not expanded when included in the metadata
checksumming, it's left as is. If you want the result of the calculation to
be included, you can use vardepvalue:

    PV[vardepvalue] = "${PV}"
--
Christopher Larson