On 1/30/21 6:59 PM, Dario Faggioli wrote: > On Fri, 2021-01-29 at 09:08 +0100, Anders Törnqvist wrote: >> On 1/26/21 11:31 PM, Dario Faggioli wrote: >>> Thanks again for letting us see these logs. >> Thanks for the attention to this :-) >> >> Any ideas for how to solve it? >> > So, you're up for testing patches, right? > > How about applying these two, and letting me know what happens? :-D Great work guys! Hi. Now I got the time to test the patches. They was not possible to apply without fail on the code version I am using which is commit b64b8df622963accf85b227e468fe12b2d56c128 from https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-xen. I did some editing to get them into my code. I think I should have removed some sched_tick_suspend/sched_tick_resume calls also. See the attached patches for what I have applied on the code. Anyway, after applying the patches including the original rcu-quiesc-patch.patch the destroy of the domu seems to work. I have rebooted, only destroyed-created and used Xen watchdog to reboot the domu in total about 20 times and so far it has nicely destroyed and the been able to start a new instance of the domu. So it looks promising although my edited patches probably need some fixing. > > They are on top of current staging. I can try to rebase on something > else, if it's easier for you to test. > > Besides being attached, they're also available here: > > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/dfaggioli/xen/-/tree/rcu-quiet-fix > > I could not test them properly on ARM, as I don't have an ARM system > handy, so everything is possible really... just let me know. > > It should at least build fine, AFAICT from here: > > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/dfaggioli/xen/-/pipelines/249101213 > > Julien, back in: > > https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/315740e1-3591-0e11-923a-718e06c36445@arm.com/ > > > you said I should hook in enter_hypervisor_head(), > leave_hypervisor_tail(). Those functions are gone now and looking at > how the code changed, this is where I figured I should put the calls > (see the second patch). But feel free to educate me otherwise. > > For x86 people that are listening... Do we have, in our beloved arch, > equally handy places (i.e., right before leaving Xen for a guest and > right after entering Xen from one), preferrably in a C file, and for > all guests... like it seems to be the case on ARM? > > Regards