* Yocto Project Status WW20'21
@ 2020-05-26 14:43 Stephen Jolley
From: Stephen Jolley @ 2020-05-26 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 3.2 M1

Next Deadline: YP 3.2 M1 build date 2020/6/16

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday May 28th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday June 2nd at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday May 26th  at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Twitch -  See http://www.twitch.tv/letoatreidesthe2nd

Key Status/Updates:

*	YP 3.0.3 is in QA result review, there were ptest regressions but
these look intermittent in nature and hence unlikely to block release
*	YP 2.7.4 should be built this week
*	One of the autobuilder issues where workers were hanging was tracked
down to a NFS incompatibility between the NAS and new kernel versions. The
NAS was upgraded to resolve this at a cost of some short notice downtime.
*	There remain a large number of bugs that we'd ideally like to fix in
3.2 M1 (or M2) but they are "unassigned", there is nobody to work on them.
If anyone has time, looking at these bugs would be a great way to help us.
See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*	There continue to be other intermittent autobuilder issues in both
master and dunfell which we're trying to track down. These ones look related
to the code rather than infrastructure.
*	The AUH is now implemented as an autobuilder job and will be run
from there in future.

YP 3.2 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.2 M1 build date 2020/6/16
*	YP 3.2 M1 Release date 2020/6/26
*	YP 3.2 M2 build date 2020/7/27
*	YP 3.2 M2 Release date 2020/8/7
*	YP 3.2 M3 build date 2020/8/31
*	YP 3.2 M3 Release date 2020/9/11
*	YP 3.2 M4 build date 2020/10/5
*	YP 3.2 M4 Release date 2020/10/30

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.0.3 is out of QA and the results are being reviewed.
*	YP 3.0.3 release date 2020/5/15
*	YP 2.7.4 build date 2020/5/18
*	YP 2.7.4 release date 2020/5/29
*	YP 3.1.1 build date 2020/6/29
*	YP 3.1.1 release date 2020/7/10
*	YP 3.0.4 build date 2020/8/10
*	YP 3.0.4 release date 2020/8/21
*	YP 3.1.2 build date 2020/9/14
*	YP 3.1.2 release date 2020/9/25

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2577 (last week 2577) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1351 (last week 1352)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 535 (40%) [last week 537 (40%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>

* Yocto Project Status WW20`21
@ 2021-05-18 14:54 Stephen Jolley