* how run (export TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
@ 2020-04-19  3:03 shi
From: shi @ 2020-04-19  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Dear,

I am now focus on the BMC.

Build based on the openbmc https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc, then want to run on evb2500 board of aspeed, when download the fitimage by tftpserver then bootm, always stuck on the starting kernel. The hardware also 2500 type. Why not startup. How I changed the code can boot up?   Is there any clue on this?

Thanks

Steven

* Re:  how run (export TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
@ 2020-04-20  3:04 ` Milton Miller II
From: Milton Miller II @ 2020-04-20  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shi; +Cc: openbmc

On April 19, 2020 around 07:15PM in some timezone, shi wrote:

>Subject: [EXTERNAL] how run (export
>TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
>

>I am now focus on the BMC.
>Build based on the openbmc https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc, then
>want to run on evb2500 board of aspeed, when download the fitimage by
>tftpserver then bootm, always stuck on the starting kernel. The
>hardware also 2500 type. Why not startup. How I changed the code can
>boot up?   Is there any clue on this?

Consder trying the evaluation board config, as ranier will have ncsi
configured for the network and could easily have different configs
such as GPIO assignments.

The ast2500 evb config is in the tree below:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb/meta-evb-aspeed/meta-evb-ast2500

>Thanks
>Steven

milton

* I wan to debug the (export TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
@ 2020-04-22  2:25   ` shi
From: shi @ 2020-04-22  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milton Miller II; +Cc: openbmc

Milton,

thanks for you info.

I try the https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb/meta-evb-aspeed/meta-evb-ast2500 image. the fitimage can startup. but the readfish etc, many app not have. so I still use the IBM Romulus image. it always nothing output after the uboot output the starting kernel info., for the meta-evb-ast2500, it can waiting then popup the log in prompt. I want to change the dtb files, that just cut it just like the evb-2500's dts, but still cannot startup. so I changed the kernel of Romulus image's config files try to open the CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y, when bitbake obmc-phosphor-image, there always has error info: ERROR: obmc-phosphor-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_udev_hwdb' failed, details in /home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.26507
ERROR: Task (/home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-initramfs.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1' how to remove this update_udev_hwdb error? I also install the sdk from the development doc, it can make only zImage files. the default make. and I also need the rootfs. so I can debug by the bootm kernel rootfs dtb. but how to separated changed and compile the rootfs? from the Romulus dts files, it is no big difference, so I think it should startup based on some changes. if u have time please help me answer this questions. thanks Steven

At 2020-04-20 11:04:59, "Milton Miller II" <miltonm@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>On April 19, 2020 around 07:15PM in some timezone, shi wrote:
>
>>Subject: [EXTERNAL] how run (export
>>TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
>>

>>I am now focus on the BMC.
>>Build based on the openbmc https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc, then
>>want to run on evb2500 board of aspeed, when download the fitimage by
>>tftpserver then bootm, always stuck on the starting kernel. The
>>hardware also 2500 type. Why not startup. How I changed the code can
>>boot up?   Is there any clue on this?
>>

>Consder trying the evaluation board config, as ranier will have ncsi
>configured for the network and could easily have different configs
>such as GPIO assignments.
>
>The ast2500 evb config is in the tree below:
>
>https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb/meta-evb-aspeed/meta-evb-ast2500
>

>>Thanks
>>Steven
>
>milton

* Re:  I wan to debug the (export TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
@ 2020-04-22  4:03     ` Milton Miller II
From: Milton Miller II @ 2020-04-22  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shi; +Cc: openbmc

Around 9:26 PM in some timezone on April 21, 2020, shi  <slm_8269@163.com> wrote:
>thanks for you info.
>
>I try
>the https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb/meta-evb-
>aspeed/meta-evb-ast2500 image. the fitimage can startup. but the

Please consider adding more whitespace and vertical formatting to
your replies.

I'm glad you can build the initial evb image and that it works.

>readfish etc, many app not have.  so I still use the IBM Romulus

It occurs to me that this is likely to being a pure evb image and
not a obmc-phosphor image.  Try adding this layer to start getting
the features.

>image. it always nothing output after the uboot output the starting
>kernel info., for the  meta-evb-ast2500, it can waiting then popup
>the log in prompt. I want to change the dtb files, that just cut it

Please look at the documentation in the openbmc doc repository for
some additional suggestions on how to start modifing the image.

https://github.com/openbmc/doc

I don't remember which tty the evb uses for the console vs romulus.

>just like the evb-2500's dts, but still cannot startup.  so I changed
>the kernel of Romulus image's config files try to open the
>CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y, when  bitbake obmc-phosphor-image, there always

I've heard of this option but not familar with people using it for
aspeed debug.

>has error info:  ERROR: obmc-phosphor-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The
>postinstall intercept hook 'update_udev_hwdb' failed, details in
>/home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbm
>c-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs
>ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
>/home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbm
>c-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.265
>07

The udev-hwdb image is a database of fixups for usb devices.  I thought
it was suppressed for Romulus but don't remember.  Also the problem may
be related to turning on the read-only filesystem feature but again I
don't remember.

Again consider making incremental changes.

https://github.com/openbmc/doc/blob/master/yocto-development.md

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/tree/master/development

>ERROR: Task
>(/home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosph
>or/images/obmc-phosphor-initramfs.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code
>'1'   how to remove this update_udev_hwdb error?  I also install the
>sdk from the development doc, it can make only zImage files. the
>default make. and I also need the rootfs. so I can debug by the bootm
>kernel rootfs dtb.  but how to separated changed and  compile the
>rootfs?  from the Romulus dts files, it is no big difference, so I
>think it should startup based on some changes.  if u have time please
>help me answer this questions.  thanks Steven

I tend to do specific low level coding and not the full stack, so I will
ask you to read and hope others can help with your future questions.

>At 2020-04-20 11:04:59, "Milton Miller II" <miltonm@us.ibm.com>
>wrote:
>>On April 19, 2020 around 07:15PM in some timezone, shi wrote:
>>
>>>Subject: [EXTERNAL] how run (export
>>>TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
>>>

>>>I am now focus on the BMC.
>>>Build based on the openbmc https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc, then
>>>want to run on evb2500 board of aspeed, when download the fitimage
>by
>>>tftpserver then bootm, always stuck on the starting kernel. The
>>>hardware also 2500 type. Why not startup. How I changed the code
>can
>>>boot up?   Is there any clue on this?
>>>

>>Consder trying the evaluation board config, as ranier will have ncsi
>
>>configured for the network and could easily have different configs
>>such as GPIO assignments.
>>
>>The ast2500 evb config is in the tree below:
>>
>>https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb/meta-evb-asp
>eed/meta-evb-ast2500
>>

>>>Thanks
>>>Steven

milton

* Re:  Re:  I wan to debug the (export TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
@ 2020-04-22  5:17       ` chunhui.jia
From: chunhui.jia @ 2020-04-22  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milton Miller II, shi; +Cc: openbmc

Steven,

check the log first to see details.

Logfile of failure stored in: /home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.26507

Looks like you want to do quick test with some openbmc full feature enabled image.  QEMU would help:
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/5cc3a78afbc453dabf2f9db86dd5092d075e9612/development/dev-environment.md#download-and-start-qemu-session

If your target is to enable these features on EVB board, take Milton's suggestion "making incremental changes".
Take EVB recipe as basis and other platform conf as reference. Port these phosphor features to that platform (EVB).

2020-04-22

chunhui.jia

@ 2020-04-23  3:36       ` Andrew Jeffery
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2020-04-23  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milton Miller II, shi; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020, at 13:33, Milton Miller II wrote:
> Around 9:26 PM in some timezone on April 21, 2020, shi
> <slm_8269@163.com> wrote:
>
> >just like the evb-2500's dts, but still cannot startup.  so I changed
> >the kernel of Romulus image's config files try to open the
> >CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y, when  bitbake obmc-phosphor-image, there always
>
> I've heard of this option but not familar with people using it for
> aspeed debug.

I use it; earlyprintk is pretty handy sometimes.

Andrew

* bmc web error info on porting the recipes-phosphor based on meta-evb-ast2500
@ 2020-04-28  3:05         ` shi
From: shi @ 2020-04-28  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chunhui.jia; +Cc: Milton Miller II, openbmc

Chunhui,

First thanks for your support me. also thanks a lot for Milton.
Now I Always stuck on the  'update_font_cache'.
the process is description as follows:

(Y: is my samba share directory for my linux=/home/shilaimao/  I changed which based on export TEMPLATECONF=meta-evb/meta-evb-aspeed/meta-evb-ast2500/conf)

1.     1.   Y:\openbmc\meta-evb Folder I added the Y:\openbmc\meta-evb\recipes-phosphor which including :

bmcweb and interfaces directory

2.       2. Y:\openbmc\meta-evb\conf\ layer.conf

(the files' whole contents:)
# We have a conf and classes directory, add to BBPATH

BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"

This is newly added!

# We have recipes-* directories, add to BBFILES

BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bb \

            ${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bbappend"

BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "evb"

BBFILE_PATTERN_evb = ""

3.        3. Y:\openbmc\meta-evb\meta-evb-aspeed

Just copy recipes-phosphor from Y:\openbmc\meta-ibm\meta-romulus

4.       Y:\openbmc\meta-evb\meta-evb-aspeed\meta-evb-ast2500\conf\ layer.conf

Also added the following items

# We have recipes-* directories, add to BBFILES

BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bb \

            ${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bbappend"

4. Then start the build based on the modification:

Only run the
. openbmc-env

bitbake obmc-phosphor-image

and the paring the recipes is ok. But still can not generated the image.

Always stuck on the  'update_font_cache'

would you please help me on this items, the attachment is some detail info on separated build the bmcweb.

Thanks
Steven
At 2020-04-22 13:17:21, "chunhui.jia" <chunhui.jia@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> [...]

>wrote:
>>On April 19, 2020 around 07:15PM in some timezone, shi wrote:
>>
>>>Subject: [EXTERNAL] how run (export
>>>TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board
>>>

>>>I am now focus on the BMC.
>>>Build based on the openbmc https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc, then
>>>want to run on evb2500 board of aspeed, when download the fitimage
>by
>>>tftpserver then bootm, always stuck on the starting kernel. The
>>>hardware also 2500 type. Why not startup. How I changed the code
>can
>>>boot up?   Is there any clue on this?
>>>

>>Consder trying the evaluation board config, as ranier will have ncsi
>
>>configured for the network and could easily have different configs
>>such as GPIO assignments.
>>
>>The ast2500 evb config is in the tree below:

milton

[-- Attachment #2: bmcweb added compiles errors.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 17177 bytes --]

* centriq2400-rep is run but the bmcweb always cannot log in
@ 2020-05-18  9:50         ` shi
From: shi @ 2020-05-18  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chunhui.jia; +Cc: Milton Miller II, openbmc

dear chunhui,

1. now the openbmc is run ok on my evb board.

when burn the 32M flash image , it startup with  the ipmid and bmcweb, so seems work well
root@centriq2400-rep:/# ps
  PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
    1 root     26016 S    {systemd} /sbin/init
    2 root         0 SW   [kthreadd]
    3 root         0 IW   [kworker/0:0-ipv]
    6 root         0 IW<  [mm_percpu_wq]
    7 root         0 SW   [ksoftirqd/0]
    8 root         0 SW   [kdevtmpfs]
    9 root         0 IW<  [netns]
   10 root         0 IW   [kworker/0:1-eve]
   11 root         0 SW   [oom_reaper]
   12 root         0 IW<  [writeback]
   28 root         0 IW<  [kblockd]
   29 root         0 SW   [watchdogd]
   30 root         0 SW   [kswapd0]
   31 root         0 SW   [hwrng]
   33 root         0 IW<  [ipv6_addrconf]
   77 root         0 SWN  [jffs2_gcd_mtd5]
   82 root         0 IW<  [kworker/0:1H-ev]
   87 root         0 IW<  [kworker/0:2H-kb]
   99 root     15044 S    /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
  106 root     12432 SN   /usr/sbin/rngd -f -r /dev/hwrng
  113 root      3556 S    /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
  119 systemd- 15740 S    /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd
  150 systemd-  6572 S    /lib/systemd/systemd-resolved
  158 messageb  259m S    /usr/bin/dbus-broker-launch --scope system --audit
  159 messageb  2784 S    dbus-broker --log 4 --controller 9 --machine-id 5d857203c9c84499ac3a444865e9edef --max-bytes 536870912 --max-fds 4096 --max-match
  162 root     12944 S    /usr/bin/bmcweb
  163 root      2960 S    /sbin/klogd -n
  164 root      2960 S    /sbin/syslogd -n
  169 root      7348 S    phosphor-dump-monitor
  171 root     11648 S    python /usr/sbin/obmc-phosphor-sysd
  173 root      9400 S    phosphor-certificate-manager --endpoint=ldap --path=/etc/ssl/certs/authority --unit=bmcweb.service --type=authority
  174 root      9400 S    phosphor-certificate-manager --endpoint=https --path=/etc/ssl/certs/https/server.pem --unit=bmcweb.service --type=server
  175 root     14684 S    /usr/sbin/nscd
  176 root      9400 S    phosphor-certificate-manager --endpoint=ldap --path=/etc/nslcd/certs/cert.pem --unit= --type=client
  177 root      7604 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-systemd-target-monitor -f /etc/phosphor-systemd-target-monitor/phosphor-target-monitor-default.json
  178 root      5484 S    slpd
  184 root      7972 S    phosphor-inventory
  185 root      7284 S    phosphor-ldap-mapper
  187 root      7176 S    phosphor-ledmanager
  188 root      7592 S    phosphor-log-manager
  193 root      6236 S    mapperx --service-namespaces=xyz.openbmc_project org.openbmc --interface-namespaces=org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager xyz.openbm
  195 root      7564 S    phosphor-settings-manager
  196 root      7244 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-download-manager
  198 root      7616 S    phosphor-user-manager
  214 root     21492 S    /usr/bin/obmc-ikvm -v /dev/video0 -k /dev/hidg0 -p /dev/hidg1
  216 root      7540 S    phosphor-dump-manager
  217 avahi     4460 S    avahi-daemon: running [centriq2400-rep.local]
  218 root      6684 S    /bin/login --
  225 avahi     4336 S    avahi-daemon: chroot helper
  227 root     49436 S    /usr/sbin/nslcd
  239 root      9972 S    phosphor-dbus-monitor
  241 root      7316 S    phosphor-network-snmpconf
  242 root      7744 S    phosphor-network-manager
  243 root      9288 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-image-updater
  244 root      7168 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-bmc-state-manager
  245 root      7596 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-chassis-state-manager
  256 root      5684 S    phosphor-fru-fault-monitor
  257 root     13292 S    ipmid
  259 root     10144 S    phosphor-ldap-conf
  261 root      9224 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-version-software-manager
  262 systemd-  6904 S    /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
  263 root     11412 S    /usr/bin/netipmid -c eth0
  264 root      7340 S    /usr/bin/phosphor-host-state-manager
  268 root      7188 S    phosphor-timemanager
  282 root      3072 S    -sh
  296 root         0 Z    [dreport]
  414 root         0 IW   [kworker/u2:1-ev]
  426 root      2492 S    /usr/sbin/dropbear -i -r /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key -G priv-admin -B
  427 root      3072 S    -sh
  451 root         0 IW   [kworker/u2:0-ev]
  460 root      2960 R    ps

2. but the ssl certification always not pass.

the following is run on my desktop Linux command:

shilaimao@shilaimao-VirtualBox:~$ openssl s_client -showcerts -servername server -connect 192.168.0.9:443 > http-server.pem

depth=0 C = US, O = OpenBMC, CN = testhost

verify error:num=18:self signed certificate

verify return:1

depth=0 C = US, O = OpenBMC, CN = testhost

verify error:num=10:certificate has expired

notAfter=Dec 30 00:00:54 1979 GMT

verify return:1

depth=0 C = US, O = OpenBMC, CN = testhost

notAfter=Dec 30 00:00:54 1979 GMT

verify return:1

read:errno=0

curl --cacert http-server.pem  https://192.168.0.9

shilaimao@shilaimao-VirtualBox:~$ curl --cacert http-server.pem  https://192.168.0.9

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not

establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and

how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

do we need special configuration on the openbmc web server?
would u please help me on this or just give on some clue from openbmc website.
I also read the https://github.com/openbmc/docs, cannot find used information.

milton