From: Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
To: "Samarth Sharma" <samarth7880@rediffmail.com>, selinux@tycho.nsa.gov
Subject: Re: Help required
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:31:29 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:40, Samarth  Sharma wrote:
>      1.Does SELinux provide application transparency(like Flask
> proposes)?

Most applications can run unchanged without needing to know anything about SE
Linux.

>      2.If yes then what level of applications can be transprent to
> the security architecture underneath.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

>      3.If no what has to be done to make it security aware?

Usually nothing.  The only programs that REALLY need changes are login, sshd,
and cron.

>      4.What would happen in case of daemons?

Generally they have their own daemon domain.

>      5.If I write an application for seLinux who will be   the
> object manager or do i have to code the object manager myself.

The kernel.

You really should try out SE Linux.  We could spend several months answering
your questions and you still probably wouldn't get the whole picture.  Spend
a day or two installing SE Linux on a spare machine and you'll get it much
sooner.

Also login to #selinux on irc.openprojects.net.