From: Bernd Schubert <bernd-schubert@web.de>
To: Oleg Drokin <green@namesys.com>
Cc: reiserfs-list@namesys.com
Subject: Re: filesystem corruption ?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:01:38 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

> So, the beam of X-rays run through the memory module corrupting some bits?
> ;) This stuff should not have been written to disk, so probably
> plain reboot should fix everything? Can you test that?

indeed after rebooting everything is fine again. We will run another memtest86
during the weekend, though I really don't believe we will find a problem.

Though this machine will be replaced by a real server in a few month, I'm
still rather worried what happend. Even if its 'only' a hardware memory
problem this means lots of trouble for us -- on the one hand it seems not to
be memtest86 detectable and on the other hand our programs really do need
working memory, but of course this is not of your concern.

Thanks for your help,
	Bernd