From: Martin Sarsale <lists@runa.sytes.net>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: 2.5.75 everything looks ok!
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:54:00 -0300	[thread overview]

Im not sure if you appreciate this kind of messages, but I've just booted linux 2.5.75 and after installing module-init-tools everything works as expected :)

PIII 450
Realtek 8139 (using 8139too)
3 Reiser fs partitions (including root)
ADSL

I found only one rare thing: when I run "make modules_install" a lot of modules had missing symbols.  Im not sure but it think it has something to do with the crc32 module: when I got the messages about the missing symbols, I hadn't compiled crc32, after that I compiled and loaded it, "make modules_install" worked like a charm

Another thing:
Using module-init-tools 0.9.13-pre when I try to load any module using modprobe I get a "FATAL: Module module not found":

modprobe crc32
FATAL: Module crc32 not found.

Instead, I have to use insmod and the full module path (insmod /lib/modules/2.5.75/kernel/lib/crc32.ko  works ok).