On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:18:33PM +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote: > That _might_ (add salt) be priorities of kernel threads dropping too low. > > I'm also seeing occasional total stalls under heavy I/O in the order of > 10-12 seconds (even the disk stops). I have no idea if that's something in > mm or the scheduler changes though, as I've yet to do any isolation and/or > tinkering. All I know at this point is that I haven't seen it in stock yet. I've seen this too while doing a huge nfs transfer from a 2.6 machine to a 2.4 machine (sparc32). Thought it'd be something with the nfs changes which were recently, might be the scheduler, tho. Ah, and it is fully reproducable. -- Regards, Wiktor Wodecki