On 2003-07-18T12:23:04, Christoph Hellwig said: > - the driver still has multipath support in the lowlevel driver which > we don't want in Linux Fully agreed. Please come and attend the multipath session at the Kernel Summit and/or the Ottawa Linux Symposium next week to learn why this is a bad idea and how it can be done better -> http://www.linuxsymposium.org/ However, for backwards compatibility with 2.4, I assume it might still be needed in 2.5/2.6, but _only_ with the clear intend of phasing it out within 2.6 and dropping it in 2.7. QLogic is reasonably good already in that it can be disabled via a module parameter (ql2xfailover=0), allowing the higher level solutions to operate. Sincerely, Lars Marowsky-Brée -- SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG "If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)." -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy -- Louis Pasteur