From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Subject: 2.6.0-test1: Promise 20265(R) driver appears to crash on boot
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:27:10 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I used 2.6.0-test1, without Promise driver, and got into init.

I then figured I'd forgotten the Promise driver, so I enabled it (linked
in) and the kernel crashes on boot since (tries to kill init).

Is this a know bug or should I post detailed crash dump information
(serial console is available -- does anyone have links to 3Com-based
ethernet kernel crash dumps with Linux 2.6?).

--
Matthias Andree