All of lore.kernel.org
From: David  <davidendless@email.it>
To: CpuFreq <cpufreq@www.linux.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Weird behaviour (cpufreq-2.4.21-2)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:18:53 +0200	[thread overview]

> When I go back on AC power, the battery starts charging (as reported by
> the LED and by ACPI). And the temperature goes up towards 80 degrees
> Celsius; the back fan wakes up thus pushing the temperature down again
> to 69 degrees Celsius; then the fan rests and the temperature goes up
> again. This thermal cycle goes on and on, even if the CPU is almost
> totally idle.

I think it isn't a cpufreq problem. I got the same behaviour without loading
cpufreq module. Probably it is an ACPI issue.
It happens to me even in another case: if the computer boots in AC power but
the battery charge is not full, when the battery lever reaches the top, the
temperature goes up and the fan starts.

I have an Acer Aspire 1304 XC (Athlon XP 1800+)

David