On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:03:57 +0900, Norman Diamond said: > What does the thing need in order to use modules? ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/people/rusty/modules/ And read http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt for all the OTHER stuff you might need... > come up? By the way there are also no tones from PCMCIA during the > boot process so I'm pretty sure it's also not recognizing my LAN card, The 'no tones' confused me too. In 'make menuconfig', go to 'Input Device support', select 'Misc' - this will add an entry 'PC Speaker Support'. Check that, it will add CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR which should make the beeps return. If you hit other snags, *read the post-halloween file*. Most of the gotchas are in there already. If you do what that says, and it STILL doesn't work, feel free to post again - the whole point of the -testX series is so we can find all the remaining gotchas and either fix or workaround them.